Joining Committees and Practice Sections of Lee County Bar Association can add value to your membership. Below are two forms you may use to get connected to the Practice Sections and Committees of your choice, or do so at the time you join or renew your membership with Lee County Bar Association.
We encourage you to become more involved with YOUR association today, by selecting committees on which you would like to contribute your expertise and assistance.
Practice Section Chairs
Chair: Alex Brockmeyer
Judicial Liaison, TBD
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Co-Chairs: Anne Dalton, William Merchant
Judicial Liaison, The Honorable Alane C. Laboda
Co-Chairs: Marisa Boysen, Stephanie Russell
Judicial Liaison, The Honorable Ramiro Manalich
Co-Chairs: Dustin Butler, Ryan O’Halloran
Judicial Liaison, The Honorable R. Thomas Corbin
General Civil & Business Litigation
Co-Chairs: Carlos Kelly, George Knott
Judicial Liaison, The Honorable Elizabeth V. Krier
Land Use & Governmental Law
Co-Chairs: Amanda Brock, Erica Woods
Judicial Liaison, The Honorable Donna Marie Collins
Real Property, Probate & Estate Planning
Co-Chairs: Kenneth Kemp, Matthew Linde
Judicial Liaison, The Honorable Keith R. Kyle
Solo and Small Firm
Co-Chairs: Jason Gunter, Conor Foley
Judicial Liaison, The Honorable Robert Branning
Chair: PJ Scheiner
Judicial Liaison, TBD
Young Lawyers Division
President: Kayla Richmond
President-Elect: Kristalyn Loson
HISTORY (Co-Chairs: Jenna Persons, Bruce Strayhorn)
- Works to preserve the history of the Lee County Bar Association.
LAW-RELATED EDUCATION (Chair: T. Rankin Terry)
- Works to provide CLE events to our membership and also supports legal education programs targeted at Lee County Schools.
LAW WEEK (Chair: Hon. John S. Carlin)
- Plans and organizes functions during law week which is the first week of May.
MOCK TRIAL (Co-Chair: Indera DeMine)
- Plans, coordinates with the Lee County School District, obtains sponsors and executes the Mock Trial Programs (County, Circuit and State if appropriate) on behalf of the LCBA.
PAST PRESIDENTS (Chair: Anne Dalton )
- Arranges Past President events and collects input from past presidents as needed by the LCBA Executive Council. Membership is by former service as a President of the organization.
PRO BONO (Co-Chair: Mary Cosmo, and Hon. Kathy Sturgis)
- Works to expand pro bono opportunities to residents of Lee County through workshops, seminars, material dissemination, etc.; also solicits grant support from TFB and other organizations. Works to increase attorney participation in pro bono cases.
RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS (Co-Chairs: Amanda Bartley and Shirlarian Williams)
- Promotes and engages the membership for the LCBA #KindLee initiative.
MEMBERSHIP (Co-Chairs: Tom Coleman and Dawn Jezik)
- Marketing the Bar and LRS to the community, public relations and media moguls.
CONSTITUTION WEEK, SPEAKERS IN SCHOOLS (Co-Chair: James O’Leary)
Please feel free to call the LCBA office at 334-0047 Ext. 101 more information about any of the committees. If you are interested in joining any of the above Practice Sections or Committees, send an email to [email protected].